In January 2010, the North of Tyne Athletics Network (NOTAN) was established to develop athletics across our area. The network is formed from a cluster of Athletics clubs located north of the river Tyne namely, Claremont Road Runners, Heaton Harriers, North Shields Polytechnic Club, Wallsend Harriers and most recently Gosforth Harriers and Tyne Bridge Harriers.
The North of Tyne Athletics Network is in its second year after securing funding for 3 years from England Athletics. The network has been created to develop the sport of athletics and deliver some key objectives which include:
- Increase the number of people involved with running and athletics.
- Improving the quantity and quality of coaches at all levels.
- Improve the infrastructure within clubs; including the number of active volunteers.
- Improve access to appropriate competition for young athletes.
Upcoming Events Supported by NOTAN
- WANT TO HAVE YOUR SAY? INTERESTED IN BECOMING PART OF THE NOTAN COMMITTEE? POSITIONS FOR CHAIRMAN, SECRETARY AND VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR ARE AVAILABLE. If you are interested please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTAN Junior Grand Prix 2013 registration form and details
FREE COACH EDUCATION OFFER EXTENDED TO ATHLETICS COACH MODULES: Article
- North East Local Coach Development Program (LDCP). Full program for the North east region available here
INTERESTED IN COACHING? INSPIRED BY WHAT YOU HAVE SEEN AT THE OLYMPICS AND PARALYMPICS? THEN GET INVOLVED IN YOUR LOCAL CLUB TODAY! Please contact email@example.com or 07807039541 for more details.